Saturday, July 5, 2008

A Wonderful Day

We had a blast yesterday on the 4th. We had about 35 people for our family's annual 4th of July cookout. Adam and I both had our parents here which is very rare for them both to be here at the same time.



Adam grilled hamburger and hotdogs and everyone brought food to go with it. We had WAY to much food and I was stuffed before to long.




I was extremely happy that my brother Joey got to come. This was his first big outing since he had his stroke last October. After his stroke, he was paralyzed on his left side and could not walk and was bedridden. He had regained most of his left leg abilities but still has a ways to go on his left arm. He is walking with a walker now with assistance and we were so blessed to have him here.
The kids enjoyed the pool...


And the adults enjoyed conversation and a good old fashioned gospel singing....



Everyone left at around 4:30 and we cleaned up real fast, rested for about 30 minutes and got ready for our friends who were coming at 6:00. Adam grilled chicken and we enjoyed our time with Karen, Steve, Al, Lacey, Lee and Luke. We ended the night with a few fireworks.




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That does look like a fun time. I love family get-togethers and times like this make me wish we lived closer to my extended family (Kentucky, Iowa, Indiana, Nebraska). Glad you had a good time and got to see your brother, too. That is indeed a blessing!

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

Dee-that looks like a great time. I am so happy to see your brothre is improving so well. It takes time. He looks good.
And I love the gospel singing. LOVE IT! Ya'll know how to celebrate!