Saturday, February 16, 2008

Happy Birthday Joey


Today is my brother Joey's birthday. (51) Joey has had a rough go of it for the past 4 months. On October 22nd, he had a stoke and was paralyzed on his left side. He had a severe brain hemorage and was lucky to have survived it. He then was diagnosed with advanced cirrhosis of the liver and had been in and out of the hospital about 5 or 6 times.


I know that every thing happens for a reason and that God has a plan for everything that we go to. I know that Joey has grown closer to God through his illness and so have I. I have also gotten closer to Joey. I have spent more time with him these last 4 months than I have the last 4 years. I have been blessed to share this time with him and am so thankful for everyday that God gives us to share together.


Happy Birthday Joey! I love you!

1 comment:

Hewy Nosleep said...

He sounds like one tough cookie!