Sunday, June 29, 2008

Vegas Day 4...finally!!

On day 4, we got up early, rented a van for 8 and headed toward the Grand Canyon. We drove to the Hoover Dam first and of course spent about an hour re-living the scenes from "Vegas Vacation" with Chevy Chase. We were on the "dam" road, taking the "dam" tour, looking for the "dam" bathroom...etc.


Well, after we took the "dam" pictures, we headed towards the west rim of the Grand Canyon. After an hour pit stop at the Double D grocery store, the long 14 mile dirt road, miles and miles of Joshua Trees, we made it to the Hualapai Indian Reservation where we had to board a bus to go onto the Canyon.



This was my 2nd time to see the Grand Canyon, and once again I was amazed at it's beauty. I could see it a dozen more times and still be in awe. I was afraid to go near the edge and Adam kept scaring me by getting so close.






No comments: