Thursday, January 24, 2008

Good News and Bad News

Well first the good... We had our first Slim Down Meeting Tuesday night. We met with the nutritionist and trainer and Dave and his lovely wife. It was a lot of info to take in but I think I will be able to handle it fine. Good News: Our weight will NOT be written in the Helena News letter. YEAH!!! I was dreading that the most.

Bad News...I weigh 213.6 pounds! YIKES!!

I went to workout today for the first time. I took the Body Step class with Beth and it was GREAT. Whipped my butt but it was fun. Beth was amazing and I had to have sweated at least a pound or 2 off.

I also went to the grocery store today to buy all of my healthy food. This will be where I have a lot to learn. Food labels are really confusing to me. It is hard to tell if things are bad for you or not.

Today I also registered at Sparkpeople.com. This is a free online diet and fitness community which allows you to keep an online food/workout diary. It tracks all of your calories, carbs, fats, protein, etc. It is really cool and best of all FREE.

I will be back in the gym in the morning and hopefully my body wont hurt to bad...

4 comments:

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

Deedra-come on and dance! Have fun while you exercise!!
In any case it is to warm up next week, I say you, me and Michelle walk before she opens shop....
I am goig to sign up for that free tracking service myself. Thanks for the tip.
You go girl! I admire you!!

Michelle said...

I AM SOOOO JEALOUS!!! HAHA When I was in the slim down challenge my friggin weight was BLASTED all over Helena!! I was MORTIFIED!! Especially since my weight was that of the average sized MAN.. SHEESH!! I am going to sign up for that free tracking service too, like Leigh! You are ALREADY inspiring us! :)

Deedra said...

I am definitely loving sparkpeople.com. It is easy to use and has so many tools. I used the weight watchers one for a while but it costs so this one is definitely better!! Lets all go walk soon.

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

I've tagged you for a meme ... go to my blog, copy and paste and tag some others ... if you have time, of course.


Are you ready? Ready to rock, walk? Are you ready, ready to walk? I said, Walk on!


Leigh Bratina
Photographic Memories
www.photomemories.discoveringminds.com
www.lbratina.blogspot.com